Pages

Monday, April 18, 2022

The google drive of unfinished projects

 You maybe like me? You may have a pile of half started unfinished projects on google drive.  It seemed like a good idea, you got 8 pages, then moved onto the next thing.  It's totally fine! What I'm doing is reorganizing my drive, purging things and saving actual good ideas for later.

I've come to the conclusion that I will likely not finish the gygax challenge, I've started and quit 3 times.  I've often wondered about working backwards thru the booklet.. What I have realized is that I every time I run a game I never have anything really ready to go.  I get bogged down in the minutiae. Sometimes I create a map thinking about possibly a future release.  Or start self editing. This is unproductive. What I am going to do is use all of the awesome content generation tools available to me and actually get a concrete world and adventure locations ready to go.

https://watabou.itch.io/ is one such amazing tool.

Matt Jacksons maps are another great resource http://www.msjx.org/

I don't think it's worth making a list of the unfinished projects, suffice to say it's a lot.

When I get this done, the next step is to run it and tweak.  Then keep running it.

Long term goal is to have it ready to go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment