Pages

Sunday, January 15, 2023

Working on a campaign and house rules

After my new group finishes up lmop I am going to run saltmarsh.

I've been slowly working on some house rules, a campaign overview document etc.

For the campaign the first thing I'm going to tell the players is it's going to be a slow burn.  The intention will be to retire at level 10.  Alot of newer modules are a race to level 20.  I'm not a fan.  I like getting really good at playing at second level before moving up.

I'm hoping to only use the essentials rules for character creation, leaving out all the phb options that don't belong in greyhawk.

For the actual campaign I'll start with the first adventure and then hopefully pepper in some stuff from iceapire peak and possibly witch light.

Probably going to be the first time I have a real session 0.  Which is exciting.

Today after grocery shopping and skating I have to start going thru the book and making a document for the monsters as there are no stats really in saltmarsh.

Oh and I've got idea for a magic sword, the black crazor, formerly owned by a pirate.


No comments:

Post a Comment