Pages

Monday, April 3, 2017

Actual play awesome "an invitation from the blue baron"

On Saturday morning I got a message from +Michael Thomas tagging me in an actual play of "An Invitation from the blue baron".  I started watching a bit of it, then promptly went off to a small comic con where I got an awesome deal on some old D&D books.  I'll be posting about that awesome find tomorrow.

This actual play was done by +God Emperor Leto II and a group of players via hangouts.  I have to say that God Emperor Leto is an awesome DM! Just watching him, he does all kinds of cool voices, he knows the rules inside and out which is great.  (this is one reason why playing old school stuff is so much fun, the rules are easy to learn, and when you are not sure you can just make a ruling).

The cool thing about this video is that it shows how much the Blue Baron lends itself to role playing.  (Spoiler) in the two hours of this video, there isn't one fight.  Just a orc bitch slap.

I can't wait to watch the next one.  My wife and I curled up on Saturday evening after we got back from comic con and watched this whole thing.  It was great! The players & DM did an awesome job.

I also filtered thru a few of God Emperor Leto's other videos on his channel, he did an excellent one about Blueholme, and "why he records videos".

Here is his channel.


No comments:

Post a Comment