- You will earn experience points for overcoming challenges, and for gold acquired. Note that you don’t necessarily have to kill the monster to overcome the situation.
- We are playing in an open world, which means that you can pretty much do anything. Think outside the box and have fun! Obviously there could be consequences.
- At 0 hit points you are unconscious, at negative your level you must make a saving throw or die. On a success you are returned to 0 hit points.
- Each character starts out with 2 luck points, these work the same way as inspiration and can be used to re-roll any dice.
- After a fight, a player can bandage their wounds for 1d6 hit points.
- Consumables are important! Don’t run out of food, torches, arrows!
- Each character will get one hireling. You will be responsible for this character, and in the case of things going sideways you will be asked to “check the morale” of the hireling. They may flee, or stand tall. The hireling can be used as a backup character in the event of death. The hireling character will be expecting payment.
- Every encounter (monster or otherwise) will have a reaction check, this means that not everything will attempt to kill you right away.
- Surprise will be determined on a case by case basic, by rolling 1d6, on a roll of 1 you will be surprised (same goes for monsters). Prior to rolling Initiative the players will state what their intentions are. Initiative is handled by rolling 1d6 for each side (players and DM). No bonuses are added to the roll, and the players will take turns rolling initiative for the group. In the case of a tie combat is resolved simultaneously.
- Critical hits will be double damage. ex you roll a 5 for damage, which means you do 10 points of damage.
- Critical fails result in the loss of a weapon, in the case of an ability check some awful will likely happen.
- Ability checks are D20 + Stat Bonus. Target number will be determined by the GM.
- Your attack bonus is added to your d20 roll, and your strength or dexterity modifier. Only fighters add their modifier to damage. Ex d20+Attack Bonus+Dex Mod = To hit.
- Encumbrance: You can carry 20 items, not including gold.
- Levelling: Upon levelling up you can re-roll any stat, if the number is higher than the current stat you can keep it. You regain all lost luck, and gain 1 extra.
Wednesday, August 5, 2020
House Rules For Swords & Wizardry FMAG
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
All reasonable house rules, many match what I use in my games.ReplyDelete
Yeah, I'd happily play in that dungeon!ReplyDelete