Pages

Monday, July 15, 2013

Module Update

I've been working on some plans for a module, mostly just drawing maps and writing things down at this point.  I've had a bit of experience with drivethrurpg, and there affiliate sites, and what is now coming to mind is, "I'm a possible independent publisher that no one has ever heard of, nor have they ever ran any of my adventures".  So that begs the question how do I change that?

1  First I think trying to create a huge megadungeon is still in the plans, but maybe something I can slowly work on myself

2  going with a actual publisher may be a smarter plan from the get go, I've had a few discussions with some publishers. (this gets ride of the who is this guy thing)

3 Create a FREE adventure to see if there is any interest in people actually buying something from me.  (this goes for publishers and the general RPG-ers).

I think 3 is the best solution for me at this point, as it will allow me to test the waters before I get months deep in something that people may not give 2 shits about.

The other option of course is to finish the mega dungeon put it out for free if people like it, then put it up for sale (at that point it maybe to late) however I will still need a play tester or 2.

So alas, I may put the dungeon on hold.

Side note - I'm the type of guy who would do all this work just to give it away, but a little part of me says "hmmm see if people will pay for it".  Unfortunately it seems that there is a LOT of modules out there already, will I bring something new to the table? I dunno.


No comments:

Post a Comment