Pages

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Mega Dungeon Adventure Seed


Here is the adventure seed for my mega dungeon, its just a way to get the PC's into the huge complex I've been working on.  I've decided to finish it as soon as I can! as its been driving me nuts, once its cooked I'll put it up for free.  As a side note, go ahead and steal the idea just change the name of "Zane Valenzafob" as I'd prefer that to be an on going character in my campaigns. 

I've thought long and hard about what system I want to use with this, and kicked around about 10 different retro clones that I could stick to.  What I've decided is to mash em up and make a semi system agnostic module, the real gist will be the AC's , I'm going to do my best to put both ascending and descending in there.  

Tacked to a tree outside of town you come across a very interesting sign.  It reads…
“In need of alchemical ingredients, foolhardy adventures need only apply!  You will be compensated for your services.  Inquire at the hut on the edge of the forest
-Zane Valenzafob

You make your way to the ancient hut on the outskirts of the forest.  Sitting in the shade of an oak tree is a wizardly looking chap, A human about middle aged with a wildly long moustache, wearing a green overcoat and gently strumming a lute.  He looks to you and says. 

“Ah I see someone has read my sign perhaps? Or are you here on some inane quest to have a wart removed?” grumbly. 

(wait for PCs)

“Well here is my proposition, my stocks of alchemical ingredients have slowly dwindled over the last few years, obviously I use a few here and there making potions, but my confounded apprentice Sailice drops and burns more ingredient’s than she uses!  I will gladly pay you for whatever you can find for me.  Have you ever heard of the Underworld perhaps?”  Most of what I seek is below the surface.  I will pay you reasonably for any items you can find, some more rare items the price will obviously go up.  So what do you say?

Zane stands up and hands the characters a small sack, and explains “this is a bag of teleportation, I created it, handy little contraption if I do say so myself.  It’s extremely helpful when out exploring, you just pop the ingredient into this bag and it magically transports it straight to me! (if the PCs ask about there money) “Ah yes, well I will transfer the funds right back to you, provided of course the samples are of decent quality.  Alternatively I can keep a good account of what you’ve sent me and pay you upon your return”.

One of the entrances to the underworld is a cave about a day or so’s journey from here, It may be inhabited with a few goblins, but I’m sure they won’t be too problematic for you chaps eh!”  After that, find what you can. 

No comments:

Post a Comment