Pages

Friday, April 22, 2016

Throw out the pre-planning

Dyson posted this awhile ago.  And it has stuck with me.  The idea of not pre planning is a good thing!
https://rpgcharacters.wordpress.com/2016/02/16/the-eastern-shore/

Lately I've been looking at all the Basic Fantasy modules - www.basicfantasy.org and as I stated the next session with the newbs were are probably going to start with "beneath brymassen", which is in the Adventure Anthology.  After that I don't know.  I'm guessing it will be another BF module.  I think what I will do is draw the map like dyson, as the sessions go on.  The only thing I need to fill in is a few specific details like God's, rulers, factions and go from there.  And of course rumours!

So I suppose disregard the previous post.

And I'll keep you posted.

As a side note:  I've been thinking a lot about my giant mega dungeon, and I think what I am going to do is throw out all the maps I drew a few years ago, and start from absolute scratch! Eventually it will be released.  Eventually.  It's funny, working on a big project, it almost depresses you when it takes to much time.  I've often found that with recording album projects that take a long time.  I once worked on a set of records that took two years to complete.  You start to question everything.  What I would like to do, is go back thru what I've written (about 50 pages or so), and pull the best bits as I create the maps.  I know exactly what I did wrong.  I drew all the maps first.  What I think I will do is draw a map, write that section.  And repeat.  The other thing is I believe that I've got a bit better at drawing maps.  I had a random dream the other night that I was actually attempting to draw pictures for it as well.  So I may even start doing that.  I am however no artist, but the idea of doing as much of it by myself as possible appeals to me.  It appeals to the DIY punk ethic.

Right, well its friday!  I hope you are all playing some RPG's this weekend!  May those rolls be 20's and the God's be in your favour.





No comments:

Post a Comment