Pages

Wednesday, December 16, 2020

The village of Longtooth starts to take shape

Longtooth has become the homebase for my 5e group.  I think inadvertently I've been working on the Gygax 75 Challenge.  I will likely start that again, with the Nightwell Barony.  I managed to get a bit stumped the last time around, but because I've been running this (Mostly off the cuff) its started to take some shape.  I already have some ideas, its just a matter of getting the pen to the paper.  The nice thing about putting it down will be the fact that I have a better document to work from as the adventures continue.  

I posted the other day about the Friday Five Minute map thing that used to be a lot of fun.  I went ahead scanned it and detailed it a bit. 
















After sending out the completed image to the Grognard chat on google hangouts (well its not called that, but a bunch of us who play games together have a long running chat about all kinds of random things), I got a message back from Vance at Leicester's ramble, he went ahead and created a backstory for Longtooth! 

https://leicestersramble.blogspot.com/2020/12/taking-rest-stop-at-longtooth.html

Lots of good stuff there, and some of it isn't too far from what I had in mind.  I'm going to likely borrow a bunch of ideas from it.  Thanks Vance! 

As it stands what i have for longtooh is the following: 

There is a small marketplace at the crossroads of the Town.  Andre’s mill is further up the road to the southwest. 

  1. Test

  2. Test

  3. Crazy Arnie’s Outfitting & General Merch 

  4. The Wicked Wench Inn & Tavern 

  5. Test

  6. The One Horse Stable 

  7. Wynthorpe The Mayor’s House.


Obviously Crazie Arnie's is going to be replaced with Vances far superior idea! The village is currently made up of mostly humans and halflings. It doesn't have much in the way of a town guard (and doesn't really need it either, at least not at this point). It is part of the barony and owes taxes to the higher ups in Port Nightwell, however the village doesn't get a helluva a lot of support from the capital. Once a year a tax collector makes his way down to the village for the money that is owed.

The stable is legit a one horse stable, much like the town is a one horse town. Everyone is quite poor and horses are a luxury. As well goods are very limited in the town. Most of the townsfolk are farmers, mill workers. It is a quiet place, where not much happens.

Which is perfect for the PCs to fuck up. hahaha.


The players do have access to it. I am doing my best to try and keep any information I write about the barony in one spot. I tend to have random files saved in a pile of different places!

Which reminds me I should probably start downloading and trimming all the random stuff I have on google drive. Or pay for more storage!

Happy gaming!









1 comment: