Pages

Friday, November 3, 2023

Venger strikes again, this time with X-Cards!

 It's been awhile since I've caught up with Venger.  You can check out his going's on here: http://vengersatanis.blogspot.com/
He just released some Cha'alt X-Cards
Here is the blurb: 

If you love Cha'alt, then here's a mechanic that brings those Cha'altian vibes to the fore!

This describes an entirely new and strange technique for improving your roleplaying game sessions... and making them weird, gross, horrific, hilarious, and exciting.

Use Cha'alt X-Cards with Cha'alt or any other RPG that's about or promotes eldritch, gonzo, science-fantasy, post-apocalypse, humor, sleaze, pop-culture, and grindhouse exploitation.

Want custom-made cards or the Cha'alt hardcovers?  Let me know, hoss!

The best part, they are FREE! 

And speaking of free, if you haven't had a chance to try out Advanced Crimson Dragon Slayer yet, wait exactly are you waiting for? 

Here's the link.  

This is my own heavily house-ruled hack of B/X and 5e, suitable for one-shots, convention games, virtual play, and even face-to-face campaigns.  I'm currently 16-sessions into my Crystals of Chaos campaign set in the eldritch, gonzo, science-fantasy, post-apocalyptic world of Cha'alt.  Check out my session reports on Venger's old school gaming blog for details.

Advanced Crimson Dragon Slayer is the updated version of Crimson Dragon Slayer D20, and going forward, this will see incremental adjustments (hopefully, improvements) here and there over the years.

In fact, there's room for a couple new races, and I've decided to run a contest to see who will come up with the most Cha'altian suggestion... that will be included in the next update, sometime in early November.  So, get your suggestions in by Halloween (not that it has to be horror-themed or anything, but it can be... whatever, yeah - totally up to you).

4 classes, tons of races, ascending AC, spell casting drains hit-points, lots of standard OSR type stuff, and plenty of weird things I threw in to mesh better with Cha'alt.  Plus, a character sheet (3 slightly different versions)!!!

Okay, that's almost all the things.... actually there's one more! 

Alpha Blue d20 (another super fun RPG) 


This is a different kind of Alpha Blue... for starters it's D20; it's also not quite as silly.  Yeah, this version is darker and grittier than the original.  Just as sleazy, though!  Maybe you've played Alpha Blue before, maybe you haven't.  Either way, I'd love to know what you think of this version.
I'm hoping to playtest and get feedback on Alpha Blue D20 before it goes into Cha'alt: Fuchsia Malaise.  
Okie dokie, that's what I got this morning.  Which isn't too bad considering I've only had a few cups of coffee this morning. 
I'm going to try and do a few more blogs once in awhile.  Highlight some fun stuff, like Venger.  
Maybe the next blog will be about my buddy Tim and what's happening over at Gothridge Manor.  
While you patiently wait, you can check it out here:  
http://gothridgemanor.blogspot.com/

Speaking of Tim, I should probably shoot him a message and see what's up, as well see if he's running a game currently.  My guess is likely! 
Alright folks have a good one. 



1 comment:

  1. Thanks, hoss! Raising awareness for the Cha'alt X-Cards is my #1 priority at the moment. CHA'ALT

    ReplyDelete