Pages

Wednesday, November 8, 2023

Whimsical guild

 I got a bit of flack for my capn of the guard post.  Basically that there is an inherent setting in the tables.  Of course there is.  A guard could be wearing armour from a bandit, maybe the village is poor.  Or he could be wearing mithril he acquired when he was previously a hero.

Anyway this got me thinking about my inherent setting.  It tends to be swords and sorcery with elements of whimsy and humour.

Which also got me thinking, the judge's guild ready reference sheets are awesome.  What would be cool is to have this sorta crazy world, province, continent, state that's half baked with some general ideas and then a whole bunch of weird whimsical tables to go along with it.  I dunno might be cool.

Those ready refs are hard to beat when you are running a game.  That and the 1e DMG and your flavour of rules and you are basically good to go.


I noticed the other day someone had posted on Reddit this great pdf.https://initiativeone.blogspot.com/2013/05/od-setting-posts-in-pdf.html?m=1

Totally forgot about that.  It's fantastic.  


I started reading beyond the witchlight again and I found a bunch of cool freebies on dtrpg which I'll post in the next few days.


No comments:

Post a Comment