Pages

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Do we need another clone?

This link has got me thinking about creating a game http://www.mcnallyrobinson.com/selfpubpricing

As far as I'm concerned, the price is right, and the fact that you can put it on McNally's book shelves is even better.  The question that comes to my mind, is do we need another clone? Probably not.  Is there possible money to be made? Possibly? What is really making me think right now, is what can I do different? Is this a project to consider?  OGL/SRD? Legalities? Etc.

I think if I was going to do something like this, I'd probably try and trim down the basics of RPGing to a more elementary level, A fun, rules light version.  Something that some one could pickup and roll with fairly quickly.  Once again I circle back to the above.  But it does make me think is this do-able?


No comments:

Post a Comment