Pages

Wednesday, June 13, 2018

It's been almost one year

It's been almost one year since my first FREE RPG DAY.  I picked up the quick start rules for DCC, and my wife grabbed a copy of "Vagina's Are Magic".  Which she was delighted about.  I also managed to grab a copy of the 1e DMG. 

I've been slowly planning on running Isle of Dread for an upcoming session of the "old school group", however we had a change of plans.  I messaged the group about how a "Funnel" works in DCC and they are stoked.  So that's the new plan.  Last Tuesday of June (which coincidences with my birthday week as well). 

I am still going to keep working on ideas for Isle of Dread and flesh it out.  A few brief thoughts on it.

Inspiration:  Well obviously "Lost World", but also the movies "The Mummy" and of course some Indiana Jones.  I'm going to throw in a great ape for good measure.  I'm thinking he might be a problematic issue for the Phanatlons, or alternatively the Rakasta have been proving their metal against him for years.  As well Pirates of the Caribbean.  I sort of like the idea of random undead milling about on the Island. 

Modules:  I think I'm going to include dwellers of the forbidden city on one of the near by Islands.  I am also thinking of sticking "B4 The Lost City" somewhere on the island.  As that might be fun.  I just have to draw a line with the original inhabitants of the Island, and the people who live in the lost city.

For the DCC adventure, I'm going to use a piece of vinyl my wife bought me from the dollarstore, I can use erasable markers on it.  I intend to run the war wizards funnel from the starter rules.  For monsters I'm going to use different coloured dice.  I also want to find some mini's for the statues in one room, and some very big head for another room.  I have a mike wazowski toy, that should do the trick for that, and get some laughs.

For Free RPG Day this year, I intend to grab a copy of "Eldritch Cock" and possibly Goodman games "fifth edition fantasy" module if I can.  I'm hoping to also go searching thru their treasure trove of old school TSR stuff.  See if I can't get my hands on a 1e monster manual, or PHB.  I remember seeing a copy of "Horror On The Hill".

As usual, my A.D.D. gets in the way, and I change my mind about what adventure/system i'm going to run 10 times.  I'm hoping to slowly prep the mini campaign of Isle of dread, etc for when and if we get up and running again.  I'll have to go and grab a notebook. 



No comments:

Post a Comment