After our starter set 5e adventure wraps up, I am hoping that another player of mine will be DMing a new campaign, after that I want to run some Mutant Future! Having a brief discussion I decided that it will probably be a hack version of MF rather than the original rules.
Whilst doing a bit of research I caught this, which might be the ticket.
So hopefully there will be a bit of a quick start rules that comes out, more for curiosity than because I'm cheap. I hope they add the funnel. That said the price isn't too bad.
As far as a Mutant Future hack, here's a few ideas I have.
* Convert the whole damn thing to ascending ac. (cuz math annoys me).
* Keep the 4 saves from MF (I like em).
* Since levelling is fairly straight forward in MF, I think I'll just add a system of +1's depending on what level the PC's are. (Much like the way basicfantasy.org does it for fighters).
* In mutant future there are mind attacks as well as regular melee attacks. Wotc just realased a 5e hack for Psionics , which might be something that could be incorporated. https://dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/awakened-mystic
* Create a funnel thing for it.
* Add advantage/disadvantage mechanic (of course cuz its hilarious, see previous post about a holmes/5e hack).
* Inspiration from 5e
* Create some new backgrounds for players, just for role playing. Possible backgrounds include: Slaver, Slave, Trader (Scavenger), Post military, lab rat,