I've been told that in order to become a good writer, you need to do it everyday. This goes for pretty much anything creative. I have a good friend who is a songwriter and he basically writes one song a day regardless of whether it sucks or not. Regardless, he flexes his songwriting muscles everyday.
Here's a table for adventure ideas. Some of them are the usual tropes. Roll on the 2nd table for a twist.
Adventure ideas (d10)
1. Find a lost relic
2. Hunt down a great evil
3. Rescue a reclusive hermit
4. Prove an prisoner is innocent
5. Protect a small village
6. Make a trip into the wilderness in search of a lost individual or party
7. Find ingredients to create a Resurrection potion.
8. Protect the caravan
9. Find out why bodies are going missing from the grave yard.
10. Go on a pilgrimage for a forgotten god.
1. Race against time
2. A third party is involved
3. It's an illusion/someone might be lying
4. The bad guys are actually good guys.
5. Time rewinds/fast forwards
6. There is no reward
Side note, I know that Inktober is going on, and its a super cool idea! However I'm not the best at drawing. That said, I was going thru and managing some of my pages today (adding extra links to things), and I thought instead of having those silly memes on the pages. Maybe I should try my hand at drawing something. Make the blog a bit more personal. The first thought was the random table page, I was thinking of drawing a side view of a wizard with a long outstretched hand above the links of the different random tables.