Pages

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

#rpgaday2016 - Day 1

I maybe a bit late to the party, but I'm going to do it anyways.  For the simple reason that its a lot of fun, makes me think and gives me something to blog about!  Of course this will probably take me longer than a month to do, and I'm starting it into a month already.  Whatever.  Here's the link

http://www.brigadecon.org/rpgaday2016


Day 1 - Real dice, dice app, diceless, how do you prefer to roll? 

Real dice!  I just got a pound of Wiz Dice from my wife, and I've been desperately trying to figure out which ones are the good ones.  Ever session I try a new set in hopes they will start rolling 20's.  One thing I find quite funny is the act of "training dice".  Apparently the gist is you put all your dice with the highest number up and let them sit on the table till you need to roll them.  If it rolls low, you put the dice away in the bag of sham.  I can't quite see this working well with a dice app.

Funny story though, did you know that Siri will roll 20 if you ask her? You tried it, didn't you?

Speaking to "diceless" I'm finding that that more I DM the more I get players to roll dice and not myself.  Other than the occasional roll behind the screen to scare them.  When a moment comes up that I need a roll, I try to figure out how best to leave the fate in the hands of the characters and their dice.

I have used the WOTC roller while working on adventures because of the lack of dice in my office desk (note I should throw some dice in my desk).



No comments:

Post a Comment