Pages

Monday, September 16, 2013

Day 15 D&D 30 Day Challenge - Favorite Monster Undead

So many choices, I wonder what everyone is going to pick? Skeletons, Vampires, Zombies?   Personally I think I'd have to go with a Wight, as there just such bad asses, in basicfantasy/SRD they can do a Energy Drain (see below).  I suppose I should give more reasons that this, but I honestly can't think of too many.  I like the idea of throwing something dangerous at the hero's once in awhile rather than everyday meat like Skeletons & Zombies.


Sometimes characters are exposed to energy drain from 
undead or evil magic.  Such energy drain is manifested in 
the form of “negative levels.”  For each negative level a 
victim receives, he or she suffers a semi-permanent loss of 
one hit die worth of hit points and a penalty of -1 on all 
attack and saving throw rolls.  The victim may or may not 
be allowed a saving throw to resist the effect (depending 
on the specific monster type). Healing and Rest 
Characters recover 1 hit point of damage every day, 
provided that normal sleep is possible.  Characters who 
choose full bedrest regain an additional hit point each 
evening. 

No comments:

Post a Comment