Pages

Thursday, June 5, 2014

If your friend jumped off a bridge and he told you to do it as well AKA Why I'm not buying 5e

Okie dokie, since everyone else has put there 2cents in regarding 5e, I might as well say why it is I'm not buying it.  Money! hahaha.  granted I'll dload the basic free version just to have a look around and see exactly what it is I'm missing.  The real reason why I'm not buying it, is there are all sorts of other things I'd rather buy (RPG related).  I'd like to grab "Out Of The Pit", "Blacksand" and "Titan" for Advanced Fighting Fantasy.  I would also like to grab B/X D&D off drivethrurpg, (and a few old school modules) and Mutant Future.  I am still toying with the idea of going down to a printer and printing off LL, S&W and or buying them from Lulu in hardcover.  On top of a bunch of modules I'd love to get my hands on, like +Venger Satanis Purple Islands Hex Crawl (it has a cooler name than that),  +Johua De Santo modules - http://geniuslocigames.blogspot.ca/  .Barrowmaze, I've also had my eye on a few older D&D books including a copy of the Holmes rules at my local game shop.  So basically I'm spent! hahaha.

TOTAL SIDE NOTE - The cover's are fucking bad assed for 5e.

Okie I'm done.

2 comments:

  1. Woohoo! I'm on a rather buy over 5e list. *Happy Dances*

    Honestly though price is what is really keeping me from it. I'm picking up both Basic and the Starter Set but the 3 core books ... I just can't right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, the price point seems a bit high to me, and honestly the amount that I actually game (which is basically nil) I am extremely happy with the clones I've chosen. If anything I've been having a hard time deciding between SW, LL and basic fantasy. that being said I'll pick up the free copy of the basic rules to read thru, but I'm sure that's as far as I'll get. If I was invited to go out and play 5e I'd probally get into it, and maybe purchase the books at that point. (same with pathfinder or whatever).

      Delete