I know yah miss me lol. Looks like you are going to get a bunch of toadstools rambling posts soon! It appears that today I'll be getting laid off for 14 days as I'm in a non essential service. Don't worry reader I have a bit of money saved and will hopefully get unemployment insurance. As to what I'll blog about, likely a setting idea, slowly fleshing it out. As well there should be a new pay what you want adventure coming in the next week.
In the meantime the Prince did a review on the kamareikos gazateer which is great https://princeofnothingblogs.wordpress.com/2020/03/30/review-gaz-1-the-grand-duchy-of-karameikos-dnd-basic/
Tuesday, March 31, 2020
Wednesday, March 25, 2020
A few handy sites for running games
It seems that more than any other time in history we are talking about and playing games online. I've noticed a few handy apps in the last few days that may be helpful to you and your players.
Tiny Dungeon allows players to map the dungeon while online. Handy tip, tell them there starting point! I had this happen once on paper in a IRL game, and the player asked me for a new sheet as he was out of room!
Basically creates a small room online where everyone can see dice rolls.
It seems there are a lot of theatre of the mind type games going on in Discord, and these 2 sites are defiantly helpful!
Obviously roll20 and fantasy grounds are super helpful when running games. I do have to admit having the roll20 interface that allows me to start adding maps and avatars, and all that jazz actually distracts me a little bit from just running a game. I'll likely use discord and rolldicewithfriends next time. And just have them create their characters in google drive or whatever. I always do that with my games when I play. Here's skord from Tims Game.
Speaking of Tim's game, Joe & Matt and Tim did a nice wrapup podcast from the year long campaign. You can listen to it here.
In Other News
I'm trying to do more writing on Wednesday's. I'm almost done draft 2 of a Crimhuck adventure. Should hopefully get that out in the next little while.
I also started working on this map, which may end up being a campaign setting for my online games. Its kinda of a mashup of greyhawk, mystara, and allansia. I think I'll change the font as its not that readable.
As Eric Bloat says "Show your work".
So there yah go.
take it easy kids!
Tuesday, March 17, 2020
There's nothing better than this
The parties chips are down, nothing looks good, the future is bleak, the party turns to the Cleric looking for some kinda of miracle....... What does the cleric pull from behind the folds of their robes?
1. An orb of light that explodes doing 4d6 damage to any nearby evil creatures.
2. A teleportation spell
3. A very large very angry giant, completely under the control of the caster.
4. A mystical rabbit imbued with a charm spell, all evil will follow it down whatever rabbit hole it chooses.
5. A torrential rain storm that washes away anything that apposes the party.
6. A grand illusion (save at -8)
7. Sweet oblivion, the party has been transferred to whatever heaven they believe in to wait out their days in bliss. (Roll 3d6 in order).
8. Gravity decides to take a much needed break.
9. Time has rewound, start the encounter from the top. (tippy! yes tippy top!)
10. TIME OUT! Get the GM some snacks. Roll +4 to any checks moving forward.
11. Flash bang! everyone is wearing kilts, they gain an extra 2d8 hit points and add +2 to all attack rolls.
12. Everyone gains 200 gold pieces, you are richer, but still slightly in trouble.
With a wink the Cleric realizes that she/he has saved the party and all will hopefully be well (until these fools get us in another predicament!).
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)