Pages

Tuesday, March 5, 2024

Session 0

 Started a new game on Saturday.  I actually went thru a did as much of a session 0 as I could.  We created some characters and ate a bunch of food.

I decided on creating my own campaign world, so I can break it if I want to.

Character wise we ended up with a dwarf barbarian, a Elven archer (fighter), a wild whatever sorcerer with crazy high charisma, and a dwarven ranger .

I decided on 4d6 drop the lowest.  The sorcerer somehow managed to roll an 18 and ended up with a charisma of 20.  At first level.  Gotta love 5e hahaha.

First adventure I'm going to run is murder mystery which I'm excited about.

I'm honestly very excited about this game.  The plan is to be super chill and have one shot type sessions.  

I found a pile of great free 5e adventures I'm mining for content.

The sorcerer decided on a human noble background.  Since it's a points of light campaign and there are no real rulers or big cities we decided she was from the ruins of a city.  She had to flee as it was being destroyed.

The dwarven ranger is from runeholme, the dwarven city.  The barbarian is an outlander from a barbarian tribe.

The elf is from a small forest clan that spends a lot of time researching lore etc.  she travelled to a different forest to learn from warrior elves.

Some good world building honestly.  At one point I was asked a question and before being able to answer the player made up something.  And then asked if it was okay?  Yes absolutely, please add whatever you like to my world.


3 comments:

  1. Curious as to what free 5e adventures you found to mine. Firstly, because I’m going through a very dry phase creatively, so this sounds like a great idea. Secondly, I might have an opportunity to relieve one of my long suffering GMs of the load of running things for a bit - at least for a one shot, or similar. Since they’re running 5e some 5e scenario inspiration that I can adapt would be good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Alistair, I found the following: moon over graymoor, zoeks short adventures, six faces of death, wolves of Welton, horror at havels cross

      Delete
    2. I did a bunch of googling "good free 5e adventures" stumbled upon a few.

      Delete