Pages

Friday, August 31, 2018

Unlikely Heros? Return of the blue baron session 3

I must say we have a few interesting cast of characters in the rotbb youtube sessions we have been playing.  While we are technically on a mission to find the blue baron, it isn't really for heroic purposes so much as for gold!  Thus far we haven't really discussed alignments yet, but I'm pretty sure we are all lawful evil at this point.

The interesting thing about this game is that almost everyone has decided to play a monster type race.  We have a weretiger, a cylopedian fighter, a wraith! and a flesh golem.  The rules for Blueholme Journeymann have a section explaining how to do this.  I'm almost wondering if it might be worth while getting my old school group to try this out.  Obviously the monsters are a wee bit tougher than your average PC, and they have a few extra abilities.  It is however super fun!

Of course I went with a super boring human thief, by the name of "Twig".  As a side note, from now on I think I'm going to do the following:

1.  Just use a single name for a PC (especially in old school games when the death ratio is fairly high).

2.  I may actually stop using character sheets.  I have a small notebook (4x6), that's handy for writing up characters.  Currently there's a few fifth ed characters I wrote up, Twig and a cleric for game with Matt Jackson at some point.  The nice thing about this is that I'm not looking around trying to find a forgotten sheet! Of course if I loose the notebook the whole thing falls apart hahah.

Note: the physic slime races were epic, I did however loose 50 gold as we ran from the room.

Here's the actual play for session 3, I can't wait for the next one!
Don't forget to subscribe to Jeff's channel.

Free PDF Here. 
Createspace print here. 


No comments:

Post a Comment