With the news that G+ is caputz, and that I've lost all my comments on blogger, I am a bit on the fence as to whether I'll be staying here (blogspot). I'm aware that I can export this whole thing out and import into a platform like wordpress. And I may just do that. The bugger of that is I still have to go and recreate all the extra little pages that I have on here, my blog roll that I use on a regular basis, etc.
The other thing that I'm wondering is, "do I still have some gas in the tank?"
When I first started blogging about RPGs I was genuinely REALLY excited. As of late, that has waxed a bit. At least as far as creative output is concerned. I feel like there are a few reasons why:
1. While G+ turned into a tire fire a LOT, there was a pile of creativity happening. With the break of the OSR (everyone going somewhere, not all of us together), I find I'm seeing & hearing about less things.
MeWe is cool, and I'm enjoying it. Honestly though its more friends that I have on there. I think on G+ I was following like 700 people, on mewe I think I've got about 100 at the most. Sorry ranting here... even the OSR group on Mewe is a lot smaller, and it's mostly just blog posts. That said I feel like I should still keep bloggin (It's getting people to know where the hell I went is the trick).
2. Because of the break up, the audience and views has changed.
3. Because of the amount of content I was seeing, it just pushed me to keep making even more content!
4. I've been super busy as of late, and I haven't really had much time for gaming. When I do get to play in the next little while it'll be 5e and I won't have a lot to say honestly. My personal focus has been switched to Advanced fighting fantasy latetly.
5. Blogging takes away from writing. Which is fine, but with less of a distraction maybe I'll get more shit done. That said, I'm unsure how many 3 Toadstool releases are going to make their way to the light of day in the next year. My focus as of late is working on a home sandbox idea for AFF (if I ever get a better computer and some actual time during the week I'd like to run some games... that however seems like a crap shoot). I'd really like to put something out for AFF. Just a download here.
6. My company is currently moving (well almost moved), so that has been tying up a lot of my mental and physical resources for the last few months. Which has left me bagged and meloncoly when I get home. (Hence less posts, yadda).
So I'm at a loss, because I'm a bit worried that blogger is going to go away, and I'm unsure as to wether I have more to say? If that makes any sense.
Whatever the case, If I decide to pull the pin, I'll create the site. Archive this one (and import to the new one) and then leave a post here saying "FIND ME HERE!"
Hope all is well with everyone and you've been getting some games in! I've been creating some AFF characters at home, and just re-reading the rules.