Pages

Wednesday, October 10, 2018

My "mewe" experience so far

I believe today is day 3? I'm not sure.  So far so good.  There's a lot of nice things about the new platform.  No add's is wonderful, limited space for picture uploads isn't the best (but hey it's free right! this is how they make money, you get 8 gigs to start which is fine). 

A few things I've decided on, and thoughts:

1.  I'm not going to join as many communities as I did on G plus, for the simple sake of seeing less cross posts of "hey I got this new thing, check it out!".

2.  When posting an update I intend to use a hashtag first, this will allow a reader to skip over if they are not interested.  example:  #life "something about my life you don't care about".  #gaming "totally killed a dragon, here's the play report".

3.  If a "advanced fighting fantasy" isn't created in the next day, I'm going to go ahead and make one.  As I still care about what is happening with that game.

4.  It's fairly easy to tailor your experience.  And they are apparently working on things like "Circles".

5.  Everyone is fairly cheery in the OSR chat, this morning there was a lot of "Good mornings".

6.  Feels a bit like a community again.

7.  Thus far there hasn't been a lot of political posts.  Hopefully it stays that way.  I haven't really seen any "alt right or left" things cropping up. 

8.  I feel like there is going to be a lot more blogging going on, which is good! (Let's get back to our roots).

9.  I am getting a whole new friends list, which is great.  On g plus I had a lot of people I was following who A.  Stopped Posting   B.  May have been spam  C.  Started following, and then I realized that they were not really posting about games.

So far, so good.  You can find me here: https://mewe.com/i/shane.ward11

No comments:

Post a Comment