Pages

Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Google Plus Yadda

You may or may not have noticed this image yesterday that I posted.  As some of you may know the "legacy" version of google plus that we all seem to like is going to be dismantled sometime at the end of January.  Prompting some people to move to a different social media platform.

I myself am staying, unless it gets extremely quiet.  The last little while I've trimmed down the communities that I'm involved in (mostly because of a lot of cross posting).  And I've gone thru and basically un-followed any collection that has a political spin.  I've also went and basically deleted my Facebook account, for the simple reason that I'm just done.  I'm done with politics, I'm done with drama, I'm done with the noise honestly.

As the next few days go by I am going to take a long hard look at everyone I'm following on Google plus, the criteria will be the following:

1.  If they post political stuff and it's not in a collection that I can unfollow, I will probably stop following that person.

2.  If they post RPG related stuff, or have a cool collection I will continue to follow it.

The reason that I have loved G+ was because I tailored it to basically be all RPG content, and less noise (like facebook).  I know some people are annoyed about the hangouts issue (I'm guessing when it comes to it working with roll20 or fantasy grounds).  Just pointing out that the chat feature of hangouts is available in gmail when you are logged in.  As well on my tablet it is its on separate app.

So speaking as a typical polite Canadian, if I by chance unfollow you its because of statement #1.  Hopefully no offence is taken.  I promise to post things about RPGs in my collection "Shane's RPG musings".  I have a few other collections that you can un follow.

As a side note, I am a big fan of blogger as a platform for blogging.  And I spent an inordinate amount of time reading old school blogs (most of which are on the right hand side of this blog).  If for whatever reason G+ dies a slow death of no more RPG people, I will continue to blog here regardless.

Alright that's my piece for the day.  Hopefully you have a good one!
PS It's been soooo nice outside the last week with temperatures in the actual +'s I'm amazed.  The weather honestly affects your mood, and I've realized in the last few years that I do get the "seasonal effective disorder".

No comments:

Post a Comment